James and Shirley Rippey Family Foundation
The Board of Directors of James and Shirley Rippey Family Foundation review applications for grants once a year in October. Before the end of each calendar year, the Foundation decides which organizations, services, and projects to support.
Organizations likely to receive grants for the James and Shirley Rippey Family Foundation are located in Oregon, especially in the Portland metropolitan area.
Favored organizations serve children and focus on their safety, welfare, heath, academic success and preparation for their future.
Priority is given to those organizations which have received grants from the Foundation in the past.
All organizations must have non-profit 501 c 3 status.
Sample list of organizations receiving grants from the foundation:
Friends of the Children
New Avenues for Youth
Rural Oregon Imagination Library affiliates
The Next Door
Boys and Girls Club of Portland
Multnomah County Library Foundation
St. Mary’s Home for Boys
Organizations not likely to receive grants from the James and Shirley Rippey Family Foundation include:
- Organizations which serve very small numbers of children.
- Organizations with no history.
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, ethnic origin, sex, or creed.
- Organizations classified as “private foundations” under section 509(a) of the code.
- Organizations where program expenses are less than 70% of total expenses.